Optical fibre connecting all Greenspec elements to the central computer
- We have single computer running integrated software communicating over one optical fibre cable.
- The installer can easily connect this cable. He can fit it simply by hand.
- No risk of damage from lightning discharge, because there is no electrical charge on the cable.
- Much cheaper than copper wire (and copper theft is avoided).
- A single optical fibre line runs through the whole greenhouse instead of multiple copper cables.
Installing a POF cable is quick and easy
In each unit on the line you find an optical connection board. The board on the computer is a special one, as it communicates with the software over an USB connector. But for all the different AFP units there is only one type of connector.
The optical cable comes in rolls of 500 m. Your installer can quickly cut and connect it.
First you cut it with a special tool. Then after that you tighten the connections by hand and so each connection is made in a few minutes. Greenspec uses a double line. The two different lines come as a double cable.
It means that the data can go in two directions. So this makes it much safer, because the communication can go on if one side is damaged.
New: reinforced POF cable
The new Kevlar reinforced optical fibre can directly be rolled out in the greenhouse. It needs no protecting mantle. You save on the cost of protecting tubes and especially in inserting long lenghts of POF optical cable in these tubes.