Developing and producing Greenspec hardware in the Netherlands
Producing hardware since 2008 and still adding on improvements
At the start of the company the Greenspec hardware development was priority number two. This came immediately after the software, the main point of a horticulture automatization product. The hardware and the software together form the product. Greenspec cooperates for the production of the hardware with Synspec BV.
We work with new and proven features:
- Communication is by an optical bus connector, that can send the signals to the computer at high speed without disturbances by external factors like thunderstorms.
- The system runs on simple, sturdy industrial computers that use Windows as the operating system. This makes it simple to use for clients and easy to update.
- We use stable electronic units with a long lifetime.
- A new version of the hardware is launched in 2023.
- A new fertiliser unit is launched in 2023
Production of the Greenspec units at Synspec
Synspec develops and produces for Greenspec in Groningen, the Netherlands.
They have at this site a production facility for electronic boards. So the electronic AFP units are built and tested in Groningen. This means that quality control is very direct and thus efficient. In Groningen also the optical fiber connections are made and tested.
After the products have been built all units are tested. The computers are loaded with the standard software setup for the Greenspec products. Then they are shipped directly to clients all over the world.
Synspec, founded in 1994, produces analytical systems to measure air quality. These systems are built in a high quality production unit. The Synspec team has of an R&D staff with electronic and software engeneers for the development of the products. They produce the Greenspec electronic equipment for the control of greenhouses. The main production is gas chromatographs for the Synspec brand and laser analysers for ammonia, methane, carbon dioxide and nitrix oxide.
The Synspec gas chromatographs are also used to control ethylene in greenhouses with cogenerator systems. Contact Synspec if you would be interested, they can give you the contact of the supplier.